Fridays with Filis Law Firm – Archives
- Transitioning to Adulthood, Guardianship and More
- Two legal considerations for your family when your child transitions to adulthood in the States
- Why do I need a 1st Party Special Needs Trust?
- Why Life & Disability Insurance is needed for both parents of a child with a disability (not just the breadwinner)
- What is a 3rd Party Supplemental Needs Trust?
- Divorcing with a child with Duchenne:
Legal actions to take to protect your child’s eligibility for Medicaid Waiver Programs and SSI, child support, education and medical decisions
- How Medicaid Waiver Programs, Special Needs Trusts and Estate Planning fit together to ensure medical care for your child with Duchenne (in the States)
- ABLE Accounts
- Moving to a New State & Medicaid Waiver Programs
- Medical POA or Guardianship?
- Special Education & Section 504
- Ways to Avoid the Marriage Penalty
- Medicaid Waiver Programs & Special Needs Trusts
- Does the Caregiver Parent Need Life Insurance, Too?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About ABLE Accounts (and more!)
- Legal Language that Relatives Should Use in Their Wills When Your Child Has a Special Needs Trust
- I’m an Adult with DMD. Do I Need a Special Needs Trust?
- Using an ABLE bank account to protect eligibility for Medicaid Waiver Programs and SSI benefits
- Recently Diagnosed
- Bullying at School
- Protecting Child’s Medicaid Eligibility with Divorced Parents
- SSI vs. SSDI
- Letter of Intent for the Future Caregiver of My Child with a Disability
- Is My Attorney Qualified to Help with my Child’s Specific Disability?
- Why Are Medicaid Waiver Programs so Important to the Duchenne Family?
Visit Filis Law Firm’s Duchenne Facebook group for more great resources.
The Filis Law Firm is not establishing an attorney/client relationship with a person downloading forms and information from the website.